“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Facebook's Farmville, Café World, Mafia Wars - Are They To Blame For Their Deaths?

You know what I find quite interesting? I don't see many people on Farmville or the Mafia Wars games anymore.  Do you still have it coming up on your end?  Sorry, I don't mean to ridicule those who play these addictive games, but after reading the story I'm about to share with you, I could care even less about them.


Has anyone ever heard of Bejeweled?  Well, in one week, two mothers murdered their children over games like these.  On the first one, the mother let her 14 month old baby drown in the bathtub while she played Café World.  Her reason? The baby wanted alone time.  Stupid bitch, babies don't need alone time. In the second one, the mother hit her baby in the head with her computer, thus killing her 9-14 week old infant, all because she was crying. How 'bout somebody poke this bitch's eyes out for playing on the computer instead of holding her child?

While I know that most people wouldn't do stupid shit like that, it boggles my mind how parents could be so careless.  It's like leaving your child in the back seat of your car, in 200 degree weather, because you forgot to drop her off at school not realizing she was in the back seat.  And it's not so much that Facebook or these games are too blame, but people get so addicted to them, that they tend to overlook what they're doing. What are your thoughts on this crazy story?

1 comment:

ryan said...

My thoughts are this, quoting a line from the last Dallas episode that we saw: You know, you pretty much have to have a licence to do anything like drive, hunt, fish, etc; but one thing you don't need a license for is to have children. Anyone can do it, but I think you should have to sit down and pass a test to demonstrate that you are able to be a good parent before having any kids.

I couldn't agree more. One day, after paying off debt and saving up a whole lot of money maybe we can afford to hire lawyers, pay a woman for surrogacy, pay a woman to donate her eggs and pay for all the medical and legal costs so that we can hopefully one day have children of our own. While gay parents and straight parents that have trouble conceiving have to pay and fight to hopefully have the fortunate opportunity to maybe one day have a child of their own, idiots like the two women in the story take for granted and abuse the gift that was so easily given to them. It's sad and shameful and should be outlawed.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter