“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Tea Partier's Dream - Tea For Glee!

Actually, it's for both: The Tea Partiers and the extreme right conservatives, but that's besides the point.  Marc Cherry, a known Gay Republican, is out and about promoting his next creation, Hallelujah.  He says the new show will be a cross between Dallas and Touched By An Angel.  Really, Marc? You're telling me you're going to have an ultra-conservative JR (Larry Hagman) and a supreme liberal Bobby (Patrick Duffy) battling it out for the preacher's wife?  Oh wait, that's already been written. 

The creator of Desperate Housewives, Golden Girls and countless other sitcoms, says "he dreamed up a mysterious stranger who brings hope and, perhaps, miracles to these small town citizens in ways they initially won't understand. But fans of Housewives' cheekiness won't be disappointed. He promises to deliver characters with "delicious, juicy, dark secrets" involved in battles between good and evil.  There will be a "generous helping of gospel music," Cherry told TVGuide.com.  "I'm calling it Glee for conservative Republicans."

Seriously... I don't know what's worse, this or the Tea Party magazine hitting news stands this weekend. (I'll blog about that absurdity later.)  I can't wait to see what the Tea Partiers say about this show, should it see the light of day.

3 comments:

Guillermo Lopez said...

If it has gay characters the teabaggers will boycott! Guaranteed

Unknown said...

LOL, well considering the one producing the show is gay, he may very well make the deacon's son a closeted gay.

ryan said...

Who knows, might be the unintentional breakout comedy of the year.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter