“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Monday, April 11, 2011

Speed Limit Increasing to 85 in TEXAS!

Mine and Ryan's home state of Texas currently has 520 miles of interstate highway where one can drive as fast as 80 mph, not sure how many Texans are aware of that.  

Well... The Texas legislature, which consists of a billion Republicans, are wanting to increase the limit to 85 mph on certain highways and rural roads.  Throw in your "free 10," and you'll be able to drive 95 mph in Texas without much chance of getting pulled over.  Maybe even 100, depending on how much speeding ticket revenue is needed to fill local budgetary gaps. You know what? Just floor the goddamn thing and forget the limit altogether. It'll catch up to you in a few more legislatures.

Yet, here they are, wanting to strip me of my longevity pay.  For those who have know idea what longevity pay is, it's where a company gives you a little extra on your paycheck for staying with them year after year.  In my case, since I'm a government employee and work for the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, I get 20 dollars extra a month for being with them 2 years.  In addition, I get 20 more a month for every subsequent 2 years of employment.  In October, I'll be with them 4 years, so this would give me 40 dollars a month on top of my salary.  And this goes for the thousands of state employees, not just mine.

The point of the story is...

Drive faster, kill yourself, and you'll spare the state some money with or without your longevity pay.  You gotta love our RED state.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I hope that they don't strip your pay, my love. An extra 40 bucks can really help when we got bills to pay. Love you bunches. We'll go speeding together next time we go to Corpus. Well speeding faster I guess would properly describe it.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter