“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Do It Yourself Graduation Cap Flask

This is for all you college students of legal drinking age.  Let me say that again.  This is for all you college students of legal drinking age. Lol.  Dominque Zamora over at Foodbeast created a DIY Graduation Cap Flask, and not because her job prospects after graduation look bleak, but because sitting through a lengthy 2-hour ceremony is not something she's looking forward to.

Her words after the jump...

leader
I don’t want to graduate college, though it’s probably not for the reason you’re thinking. No, as exciting as the job market looks for journalism majors, the truth is, I just don’t want to sit through the ceremony. I have a whole mountain’s worth of things I would rather do than sit through that god-awful ceremony. (A relaxing day at Disneyland comes to mind, as does taxidermy. And bocce ball.)

Of course, when I brought the idea of skipping out up to my parents, they looked at me with such horror that I might as well have said I thought Tabasco tasted better than Sriracha.
So I decided to do something else about it. I decided to put a flask in my cap.
CAPFLASKGUIDE
After four years, I’m sure the last thing anyone wants to do is bear another 2-hour long lecture, listening to speakers we couldn’t care less about, sitting next to classmates we’ve never met and probably won’t ever see again. I swear, every time someone mentions their “fear of the unknown” and “excitement for the future” and the possibility of “new opportunities,” a future Einstein or Mother Theresa out there dies. Seriously guys, stahp.

Luckily, the process for making this thing is painless enough. Just pop off the top button with a pair of pliers, Velcro in the bladder (I took mine out of the Wine Rack Bra), secure the whole mess with bobby pins and drink up.

There’s not much you can do about tedious (and, arguably, arbitrary) traditions. But hey, at least you won’t have to be all “there” to remember it.
CAPFLASKGUIDE2
DISCLAIMER: This is for graduates of legal drinking age.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Just don't fall over when you get on stage, girl.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter