“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Thursday, December 29, 2011

This Is My Story by Ben Breedlove

If you have not had your crying moment of the day, then I suggest watching the video below.  It will definitely do it.  I barely got through the first minute without bursting into tears.  I had to pause for an hour or so, and I have now just recently finished watching it.  Call me a sap, I don't care.  I think it's good for people to cry - happy or sad tears, it's all good.
Ben Breedlove, and 18 year old senior from Austin, Texas died Christmas Day of a heart condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is something Ben had all his life.  Much like the kid who's video I posted two weeks ago, he uses notecards to share his story.

His parents had no idea he had recorded such a video until they started going through his belongings. To add to the pain, the hit 80's song, "Mad World" is playing in the background as Ben silently displays his cards.

What really strikes me the most about this video, is that here is a boy sharing his near-death experiences to the entire world, and the world didn't even know it yet.  I love you, Ben Breedlove.


His mother, Deanne Breedlove, says her son died after the family opened their Christmas presents.

"I just think Ben opened doors for a lot of people to think about something that maybe they've never thought about before," Deanne Breedlove told KXAN. "And that to me is a wonderful gift." [Source-Today]

11 comments:

Dylan Dior via Facebook said...

"Like"

Janie L Guy via Facebook said...

"Like"

Lundin Fisk-Scott via Facebook said...

"Shared a link"

Unknown said...

I was lost for words too :-( but I finally got it out. thanks for sharing Lundin.

Lundin Fisk-Scott via Facebook said...

^Thanks for the addicting blog!
:]

Jessie Mackey via Facebook said...

Yes I just watched this a few moments ago.It is quite beautiful. God has him in his hand and I think this video will someone somewhere. What a brave boy, and he still has the face of an angel thru all his pain and tragic moments he had endured all of his life. I hope every young person who is just coasting thru their wasted lives will watch this and catch some glimpse of what they have and they can see how fortunate they are to have "LIFE". Maybe they will decide to use it instead of wasting every precious moment with their "fun", "drugs", "alcohol". I am so upset this morning because I have a dear friend that lost her child tragically to the thing that is stealing our youth every day. The hopelessness of it all is choking the life out of our youth and the rest of us who are watching it happen.. It has to stop!!

Jessie Mackey via Facebook said...

help someone....

Unknown said...

Sorry about your friend's loss Jessie, but you're very right in what you said. People like you make the world so much brighter! Hence, the reason I will always love you.

Jessie Mackey via Facebook said...

I have no more words, hard to believe I know but I just have no more words. Thank you Peter.

Ryan said...

:(........

I cry, but knowing he's happier now, makes me happy too. I have a lot of hate in my heart that shouldn't be there. I know that I'm a good person, but I could be a much better person, if that hateful/selfish part of me did not exist. Always continue to teach me how to be better, my love. Neither of us are perfect because no one is, but we can always learn to be better people. Thank you for being the part of me that I lack. Thank you for making me complete. I'm becoming a better person because of you. Love you bunches.

Unknown said...

of course, my beautiful love, of course. :(... tears

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter