“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 in Gaming: The Year in Under 2 Minutes

You know I couldn't leave the year without saying a little something about the gaming community.  I don't understand much of it, but one thing I do know, my partner, Ryan loves it.

Ryan doesn't know this, but when he gets around to reading this he will be surprised.  My intention was to get him a Playstation 3 for his birthday and it didn't happen, not because I didn't want to get it for him, but because - I don't know, call it a sign from God or whatever. But there was only one in the store when I went to purchase it, and and it was an "open box".  Meaning, someone had returned it at one point.  

I told the clerk I would go ahead and take it if everything was in there, and he assured me it did.  So when I went to pay for it up at the front desk I told them I wanted to take a look inside, and sure enough there was a game missing.  There was supposed to have been two games with the bundle.  

So I was stuck with the decision of either purchasing it as it was, going to another store and buying it, or simply forgetting about it. I chose the latter, and simply never bought it.

The reason I never did, was because Ryan and I will be reaching a milestone in the new year and it's something I will share with you in a later post, but suffice it to say - it is definitely for the best.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't get the gaming community much, but my partner Ryan loves it, and if he loves it, then I support him.  I grew up in a world of Atari and the original Nintendo, whereas he grew up in the world of Xbox and Playstations 1, 2 and 3. I was used to games like Centipede, Donkey Kong, and Pac-man.  When I played the original Resident Evil on Playstation One, it terrified me. LOL.

In either case, here's an amazing tribute to the 2011 gaming world, in under 2 minutes.

From YouTube description:
2011 has been a watershed year for gaming in almost every way. With an overabundance of terrific AAA titles and creative low-budget indies, developers this year boldly took the medium into new territory. This is a salute to their work, and all the terrific interactive experiences we had in 2011.

4 comments:

Lundin0711 said...

...Ugh.
I can't even comprehend how good/addicting your blog is.

I literally follow NO OTHER blog, but stumbled upon yours a longggg time ago through facebook.

I'm definitely very glad I did!
:]

Unknown said...

awwww, that was so fucking sweet of you to say Lundin. Thank you, thank you!

Ryan said...

Awww, my love. Thank you so much for the nice thought and attempt, but in the end you did make the right choice. I'm glad that you decided to wait. One day I will catch up on all of these games in our entertainment room in our brand new home. It will have a 1080 flat screen with the latest version of the Playstation (if there's a 4th one by then which better damn well be backwards compatible) with the walls covered in game, music and movie memorabilia. I can't wait to decorate it and design it too. It's worth waiting to play these awesome games but don't worry, I have them all in the back of my head and I will play them all one day. By then they'll be so frick'n cheap anyway so it just makes it even better. Words can't describe my love for you baby. Just the thought means so much to me, and I want to cry because you always make me feel so special and loved. Thank you for everything. Next year will be so exciting and amazing. I'm so blessed to be on this journey, creating an extravagant future with you, my perfect husband.

Unknown said...

You're absolutely everything I ever wanted in my life! I love you Ryan!

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter