“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Sister's Baby Shower Was A Success!

My sister's Baby shower over the weekend was a great success!  Thanks to her dear friends, Denise, Sandra, and her husband Richard.  Also many, many kudos to my family, including our cousins, Ray, Leo, and my brother-in-law, Luther who helped cook all day long on Friday.  And finally, a special thanks to the countless others who provided food, and helped with the clean-up afterwards.

As promised, the diaper cake I created for my sister's baby shower is in the video below.  It should transition from beginning to end, every 3 seconds or so.

8 comments:

Zenaida Saenz via Facebook said...

Peter....it is so beautiful. Great Job. I enjoyed watching the video of the making. :)

Lorie Wise via Facebook said...

"Like"

Peter Flores via Facebook said...

Thank you so much :-)

Victoria Flores Fasnacht via Facebook said...

awwww. my dear Brother. I can't believe you made this video. I got all teary eyed. There was not one person at that party that didn't love this great creation of yours. You're so talented. You should open a diaper cake business. LoL ! Seriously. :D ♥

Peter Flores via Facebook said...

I know, right? Maybe I should open it up with my crocheting, landscaping, and pool building business. LOL

Sandra Arredondo via Facebook said...

"Like"

Christina Ramirez Anguiano via Facebook said...

"Like"

Ryan said...

It really turned out beautiful in the end my love. I'm so proud of you and I'm so glad it made it all the way to Corpus in one piece. Amazing job and I know your sister will cherish it for many years to come, or at least until she runs out of diapers. :) I'm so glad that you're my amazing man.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter