“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Monday, June 27, 2011

Cover Wars 5

Cover Wars is going to be real interesting this time around...


There were so many covers to this song that I couldn't post every single one of them against each other.   So, because all of them were unique in their own way, I separated them into vocalist categories; Best Group, Best Male, Best Female, and Best Teen.  

Last Week's Winner
Each of the category winners will get a Cover Wars Gold Record that I will personally email them.  It's not an actual vinyl record, but a recognition award just for being on my blog, so your vote is really important. 

It was a difficult decision, but I chose the "best of the best" out of the videos below.  After listening to over 200 covers over the weekend, I chose 50 that I liked, and managed to get it down to 22.  At this point it was becoming really, really difficult, because I liked every one of them.  This morning I came up with the idea of making it a "win by category" issue, and once again, as hard as it was, I was able to bring it down to 10 covers.  I tried to bring the Group category down to two, but I couldn't.

The song being covered is "Grenade" by Bruno Mars.  I think that everyone who has ever dated, been in a relationship, or has been married can relate to this song.  The lyrics speak for themselves:
Gave you all I had
And you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash, you did
To give me all your love is all I ever asked,
Cause what you don't understand is
I’d catch a grenade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I’d jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah , yeah)
You know I'd do anything for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
In order to vote, all you have to do is leave a comment, and paste the following into the message:

Group Category: 
Female Category: 
Male Category: 
Teen Category: 

Type who you're voting for next to each category. The names are down below to the left of each video.  I hope you enjoy listening to these covers as much as I did.  Thank you for your cooperation. - Blade aka Peter

Group Category:

Before You Exit
Lawson
Lion Named Roar
Skyline




Female Category:

Lisa Lavie
Dana







Male Category:

Alex Goot
Jason Chen







Teen Category:

Marko Stantic
Jordan Jansen

10 comments:

roc-o-rama said...

ugh, this was a tuff one...

Group Category: Lawson
Female Category: Lisa
Male Category: Alex
Teen Category: Jordan

Christy said...

Group Category: Before You Exit
Female Category: Lisa Lavie
Male Category: Alex Goot
Teen Category: Marko Stantic

I'm in love with Alex :-)

Soy Loco Moco said...

Group Category: Lion Named Roar, he's sound is pretty cool.
Female Category: Lisa, she's hot and has a powerful voice.
Male Category: Alex, nerdy, but that boy can sing.
Teen Category: Marko, he's cute.

Rashad said...

Group Category: Before You Exit
Female Category: Dana
Male Category: Jason Chen
Teen Category: Jordan

Phillip said...

Group Category: Before You Exit
Female Category: Lisa
Male Category: Alex
Teen Category: Jordan

Rita said...

Group Category: Lion Named Roar
Female Category: Dana
Male Category: Alex
Teen Category: Jordan

Patrick said...

I love Before you exit, but Lawson won me over. Love this version! As for the women, I have to go with Lisa Lavie, she has such a powerful voice, Alex is nerdy cute but Jason Chen has the vocals and as for the pre-pubescent children, I think Jordan gets the cake.

Micort1212 said...

So...

Group: Lion Named Roar

Female: Dana

Male: Jason Chen

Teen: Marko

Group was the hardest, Lawson was pretty good too!

arlandbaee said...

I agree with Micort1212. his choices reign supreme.

Group Category: Lion Named Roar
Female Category: Dana
Male Category: Jason Chen
Teen Category: Marko

Ryan said...

Group Category: A Lion Named Roar. Loved their rock take on it.

Female Category: Lisa Lavie
Beautiful and unique voice.

Male Category: Alex Goot.
Best one over all of them. Love the voice and performance. Winner of this cover wars hands down.

Teen Category: Both should be disqualified for trying to sing a song about doing anything for they're true love. They're 8! Keep to your ABC's kiddies. Justin Beiber impersonations are also deal breakers, but if I have to go with one I'll go with the less boring one, Jordan Jansen.

Okay so maybe that was a bit mean and cruel. Better they hear it now then later, especially before reading all their YouTube comments.

So I just read his YouTube comments and they were all actually quite good. What is this world coming to.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter