“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cover Wars 7

This has got to be the most difficult Cover War to date.  I spent 2 hours on Sunday listening to over 100 covers of Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory," and I never grew tired of listening to it.  

All the artists in this month's war deserve a standing ovation, hell they each deserve a Cover Wars Album, they are all absolutely amazing!  I cried as I watched a cover of a boy with Cerebral Palsy and it made it even harder for me to pick these Top 12 people.  He didn't make the top 12, but I will tell you this... the courage alone was enough to make anyone vote for him.

Cover Wars 6 Winner Abraham Lim
This month's Cover War is going to be a little different, and I may do it like this from now on.  I am posting six covers of "Edge of Glory" today and you will have 7 days (until 9/10/11) to vote for the best out of these six.  The second round begins the next day (9/11/11), and will consist of another six covers to the same song; You will also have 7 days to vote on this round which will end on 9/17/11.  The top two finalists from the previous two weeks will compete in a final competition which will take place from September 18-24, 2011.

The winner will be declared the following day, September 25, 2011. On this day I will personally email the winner their Cover Wars Gold Record.  It's not an actual vinyl record, but a recognition award congratulating them for their amazing talent and their win; So your vote is really important.

Meet Group 1 of the Cover Wars 7 contestants, a group of talented artists I chose to start the first round of this month's Cover War! 
Top left to right: Neilo Rose, Alana DeBlase, Petie Pizarro;
Bottom left to right: Nick Pitera, Jay Loftus, Drew Chambers


To vote, simply leave me a comment indicating which artists you think deserves the win for the first round of the competition.

19 comments:

roc-o-rama said...

omg, can i marry Nick, have an affair with Petie and seduce Neilo, damn he's sexy.

roc-o-rama said...

oh. i'm going with Nick <3

sammy samo said...

happy labor day Peter! I'm voting for Petie, his version is unbelievable!

Ryan said...

Nick and Neilo, I love you both but I gotta go with Petie. Those notes he hits are just amazing. Even though I don't like it when artists change the original song I think both Nick and Petie incorporated the other songs very well. I wish I could vote for you both but unfortunately, like Highlander, there can only be one. Petie just blew it out of the park. Now Nick needs to do a Never Ending Story Cover while Petie needs to do a Lifehouse, Hanging by a Moment, cover. Go Petie. Can't wait to see who his challenger is next week.

Sasha said...

Nick is fucking hot! Neilo is my dream twinkie and Petie is just yummy. Im for Nick Pitero!

arlandbaee said...

Petie, Petie, Petie!!!!

Christie said...

Neilo! I want him!!!

Anonymous said...

I want me some Italian Meat, Pizarro for me!

Robert said...

If I could vote for Nick I would, but Petie has got some talent. why he isn't on one of those shows like American Idol, America's Got Talent, The X-Factor is beyond me. Petie will take it all this week.

Meils via Facebook said...

I say gay all the way! Nick has my vote!

Sean Patrick from South Wales said...

Nick pitera. geez he's so hot! And gay! big plus!!!

Ruben Tamayo said...

Hey Peter, as you say, GAY POWER!!! Nick Pitaro!

Soy Loco Moco said...

Nick Pitera's got my vote!

imat123 said...

I know he won't win, because the voting ends in a day or so, but Jay Loftus has a pretty cool acoustic version.

gmhussein said...

Petie, I'm sorry guys, but gay or not, he's the best! His vocal ability is amazing!

Jason Nesbitt said...

Neilo soooooo cute.. he's got my vote :-)

Anonymous said...

Nick Pitera

Robert said...

Petie Pizzaroo what a stunning voice!

Jorge Mendoza said...

I think the girl is good,but not great. I think Neilo is a cute twink, but doesn't hit the notes like petie does. As for nick, he just oozes sex appeal especially when he puts on that tank, yummy. I love the acoustic version, and DRew chambers is amazing. he won the first cover war I remember. I think petie hit it out of the ball park and he definitely deserves to win. His voice is astounding.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter