“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Monday, June 27, 2011

Movies in Rewind: Green Lantern

If you were planning on seeing the Green Lantern, don't!  If you already saw it, I'm so sorry.

I would wait for it on Blu-ray or DVD.  Why?  Because you can do more with  your $8.50 ticket (if you're in Houston, TX), than spending it on a movie that was mediocre at best.

Yes, you get to see Ryan Reynold's buff body running and flying all over the place, but he was clothed in CGI for most of the film - 99 percent of it.  Sorry little gay boys, but you only catch Ryan half-naked, maybe twice.  While I'm not too familiar with the Green Lantern comics, word on the street is, the movie didn't do it justice.  I'll be honest, I would have rather spent my money watching Super 8 again, but I didn't dislike the movie either.  It had it's good moments and it's bad.

Here's the movie in two sentences or less.  Muscle alien drops from space, and before he dies, gives his ring to Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern, who says he doesn't deserve such an honor - and says it about 20 times throughout the movie.  At first he's afraid, then he's not, until he convinces the big kahunas in the sky, "we have nothing to fear, but fear itself," and heads down to kill this bad evil scientist with a big head, when he manages to kill a large cloud-like monster afterwards, The End.

Ryan and I didn't stay through the credits like we usually do, because our asses were hurting like hell in the cheap-ass theater we went to.  According to online sources, there was a clip in the credits that we missed.  Well guess what?  I have the ending right here after the jump.  Don't watch it if you don't want to be spoiled.


5 comments:

Victoria Flores Fasnacht said...

Hmmmm? And Luther wants to go see it this week since i'm feeling better.

David Mackey said...

Peter is too harsh. Ryan takes his shirt off, totally worth $8.50.

Unknown said...

LOL, I wasn't harsh, it's true, for each second he was shirtless it was .28 cents. That's each SECOND!

Victoria Flores Fasnacht said...

Well than. I'm so there. : ) .. He was a little spooky in Wolverine but somehow managed to put a smirk on my face. Transformers is coming out too. We have some movie catching up to do. Oh! & Cowboys & Aliens

Ryan said...

I liked it but it wasn't as good as X-Men. Ryan Reynolds is very hot and delicious and he didn't hurt the movie in anyway. I liked the last clip. It's the first time I've seen it, showing Sinestro in his true villain outfit. Thank you for posting it my love. Seems like they're already in plans for a sequel despite the poor turn out. WB gotta have a new movie franchise considering its' Harry Potter piggy bank is about to run out.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter