“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Sunday, February 13, 2011

What The Hell Is A Gay Conservative Anyway?

GOProud is a conservative organization that brainwashes young gay men into thinking Ann Coulter, John McCain, Mitt Romney and the rest of the Republican establishment are going to support their causes.  It's a sad story to read that young, good-looking men like  22yr old Tyler Whitney here, who's a member of this organization, attended this conference.

Dear GOProud Member, this is Peter speaking...

The idea of “gay conservative” is an oxymoron.  “Gay” is everything that “conservative” is not. The foundation of the worldview that so-called “gay conservatives” embrace has far more in common with liberalism than with conservatism.  No matter what your stand on government spending or taxes, you boys are "Gay."

A conservative will never like your agenda, they will never allow you to get married, they will never allow you to visit your man in a hospital; well...you can now, because of President Obama.  But if given the chance, they would rip that out from under you too.
 
Don't forget, that by supporting these fools you are taking away your right to freedoms you wish you had, and are asking for.  They let you attend the CPAC conference only for your money, not because they support your right to marry the man you want.  They hate the very thought of two men kissing!  

Hell, your minds get so twisted, that even your own gay members are losing it, like cutie Matt Hissey here.  "I don't really like gay people that much. Gay people frustrate me, the stereotypical gay people, it frustrates me...someone who puts on a total act. I understand that some guys are feminine, which is fine. But some guys, at some point, are normal, straight-acting, whatever and the next minute they're jumping up and down. It just frustrates me. The whole conservative thing is just be yourself, be an individual and just don't be someone you're not. If someone does or does not accept you, that's fine but don't change who you are to look different to others." he alleges as seen in this video.
The American Conservative Union, which sponsors CPAC, is quick to note that despite its decision to include GOProud as a participating organization, the group "has consistently adhered to traditional family values as our policy,"  incoming chairman Al Cardenas declares. 

And for you gay conservatives, this includes opposition to same-sex marriage. Cardenas even stated, "it's going to be difficult to continue the relationship" with your organization in the future because of the leaders who hate you all so much.

You people, as cute and beautiful as you are, frustrate me.  I'm done with all of you. Ugh, this post is pissing me off, But I write it for those who are not aware of the stupidity we face among our ranks.

9 comments:

Patrick said...

Its such a pleasure to see hypocrisy cones in all shapes, sizes, colors, creeds, and sexualities. If this is the general view of the Conservative gay groups, which seems to be at least an underlying sentiment, then they are no better than school bullies or the "men" who beat, rape and tie gay men to fences, leaving them for dead. Homophobia isn't limited to straight people and its people like this nutter who propogate the hate, even from within the very group he "represents ".

Brian said...

I guess he wants gay people who do like to jump up and down to not be themselves and stop it. The tragic irony here is that he epitomizes the bitchy and judgmental gay stereotype! Also, Sarah Palin is not a "middle American!" She is from Alaska, the state where they want rape victims to pay for their own rape kits. Lastly, conservatism is not about individuality and being yourself. If it were, GOProud would not have scared off so many of the conservative heavy hitters that normally attend the conference and it would not have attracted you, Mister "I Don't Like Gay People" Flaming Pants!

imat123 said...

Matt Hissey is everything the LGBT community doesn't need. To think this man is speaking to people of power and representing us as a community (no matter how minute his influence) is disgusting. People kill themselves everyday and Mr. Hissey has the gall to enthusiastically use such a repugnant term as 'straight-acting'. I hope he sees these responses and realizes the damage he is doing. I am a 19-year-old gay male and I would like to see Mr. Hissey leave LGBT politics. He is an embarrassment.

sammy samo said...

Matt Hissey is a moron. Sarah Palin? I don't want my mom to be president. I want someone who actually knows what the hell they're talking about. And the difference between your mom and Sarah Palin is that your mom loves you and Sarah Palin wants nothing to do with you.

Soy Loco Moco said...

I feel really sad for people like Matt Hissey. For starters, he has to deal with being a gay man with that name. There is so much self loathing there. He must be tortured. And the poor guy has no sense of irony. Mostly, I am sad that these are the kinds of people that become gay Republicans.

Ryan said...

I may not agree with them and their drastic and sometimes, in my opinion, insane opinions, but I am proud of one thing that they are beginning to accomplish. They are bridging the gap between old enemies: conservatives and gays. Now before anybody decides to throw me under the party bus, I want to explain. Just a few years ago, when I was introduced to politics by my love, I learned what conservatives and liberals were and what they stood for. I saw most Democrats either siding with us to an extent or staying quiet while I saw most Republicans vilifying us, berating us and hating us. They said that we were not a family, that we deserved no rights because "god" said so, that we we're trying to turn their children gay and that if our "gay agenda" succeeded, then the "family" and the world as we knew it would suddenly come to an end. I sometimes cried when I'd see Republican lawmakers using us as pink punching bags only to get reelected and further their careers, and then I'd see the ones with absolute hatred in their eyes. The ones that honestly believed that we were less than them; that we needed to be cured of this atrocious gay disease or die from another one. They did not want to give us rights and they'd fight to make sure that that did not happen. I saw this and couldn't help but think that all Republicans are....well...EVIL. I mean, how could someone with any compassion in their body possibly say and think these things about a fellow human being? For the longest time I was convinced that I knew who the enemy was and I wasn't about to let them try and deny me my rights. Next thing you know it's the 2008 presidential elections, and my coworkers and I, some of them my very close friends, begin to discuss politics. A reality sets in or, should I say, suddenly slaps me in the face like a soap opera drama queen. I live in TX. I'm surrounded by conservatives, a fact I've known for quite sometime obviously, except I had no idea that they were my closest friends. They believed in conservative ideas and despised Obama with a passion, but they did not hate me. They did not hate gays or want to cure them. They actually had no problem with them whatsoever. How could such a being as horrid as a REPUBLICAN not hate me? That moment helped me grow up a little and made me realize that the world we live in is not so black and white. That even through we have enemies out there, just because someone calls themselves a republican, does not necessarily make them a foe of Dorothy. These past few years I've grown a lot and met people that have opened my eyes to many things. I've even met new gay friends that have also told me that they were either Republicans, Libertarians or god forbid, tea partiers. I don't agree with them because as smart as they are, many of their ideas are still insane, but that doesn't mean that I don't love them too. I disagree with them and we have are little political discussions, but in the end we still are able to be friends and find common ground. This is the very reason why I respect and in some aspects am proud of what GoProud is trying to accomplish. They may not support are beliefs on health care or immigration or the economy, but they do believe in gay rights and are fighting with fellow conservatives to find some common ground in an attempt to help us get our GLBT friendly laws passed so that one day all us gays can enjoy our equal rights together. Sure, I can't believe the nonsense that comes out of their mouths, and the boy in the video has a lot of growing up to do about his own homophobic views, but at the same time if there is ever a chance that conservatives are to change the way they think about the gay community, I honestly believe that gay conservatives are the only ones that can possible begin to change their minds. We are slowly beginning to see the next generation of Republicans empathetic on most social issues. This is ultimately having an effect on the current Republican party. (continue below)

Ryan said...

Now I am well aware that conservatives aren't gonna jump up and down for equality anytime soon, but they're starting to not fight as hard against us like they used to. Back in the not to long ago Bush years, a ban on gay marriage is what brought conservatives together, but that didn't happen in 2008 or in 2010 for the most part. While prominent conservatives lawmakers still stand by their political anti-gay positions, their wives and daughters are now speaking out for us. Who would have thought that the families of McCain and Bush would shout out their beliefs and love for marriage equality? More importantly though, who would have thought that the same conservative military leaders that fought so hard in the past to keep gays out of the military, now have spoke in front of congress on their honest belief that gays should now serve openly with them. Don't forget that along with many liberal gay rights activists their were also the log cabin republicans that challenged Don't Ask Don't Tell in court, and won. It wasn't until the Obama administration fought back, along with the not so much help of the supreme court, that ultimately got the lawsuit stuck in the legal system. Yes, Obama did sign the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. My point is simply that not everything is so black and white. Gay conservatives believe what most conservatives believe; low taxes, little government, and especially individual's freedoms and equality. They don't want the government telling them how to live their personal lives and I think the most gays, liberal or conservative, can definitely agree on that. Let me make myself clear. I do not support GoProud or the Log Cabin Republicans or most if any of their political beliefs, but when it comes to the belief in gay rights and equality, for the most part it is something that we both share. Now we have these individuals, while not perfect, are doing their best to not only insert themselves in the conservative mainstream of America but also are speaking out and sharing their thoughts to the conservatives that are willing to listen. Their using their common ground they have with "the enemy" to help shape their viewpoints for the better and hopefully one day help fight with us instead of against us. Our true enemies like the Family Research Council as well as others decided not to join CPAC because of GoProud, but in the end the conference went on and while the gay conservatives got to participate under the Republican "mediocre sized" tent, the anti-gay groups that have always fought to keep us silenced, had no voice this year among the conservative attendees. Change is possible and even though we don't agree on everything, if we can't stand together because of the beliefs that we do agree upon, then we will never share the victory of equality to we all so rightfully deserve. I love my friend Kent, and as crazy as his political beliefs may be, he still wants to one day find the man of his dreams and enjoy all the rights that every committed couple should in this great country of ours. We may be on opposing sides on many occasions, but in the end we find common ground so that no matter how bad that political fights may be, at least we'll still have our friendship in the end. I'll continue to fight on my side while he changes the hearts and minds of his tax lowering, less government spending and, god forbid, Sarah Palin loving friends on his side. We need all the allies we can get in our struggle for equality. Let's be better then our enemies and not discriminate. Instead let's learn to disagree when necessary but still stand together on our shared beliefs.

Ryan said...

That being said, we can now continue our civil war on more important matters of discussion. Like who's better in Britney vs. Gaga.

Unknown said...

Wow babe, that is very long, long comment. But I understand where you're coming from. My sister and brother-in-law are republican/tea partiers who love us. My only thing was that Conservatism as an oxymoron was based soley on the fact that You cannot be a "Gay" conservative, you just can't. Conservative defines that what you hold true to be conservative and you can't be "Gay" and take that stance. Conservative is defined by religion, hence the belief of family values and the condemnation of homosexuality. That is what being conservative is all about. While at the same time having conservative stance of no government and such. You can't split conservatism apart to your own liking. I was merely talking about the fact that one can't be a "Gay" conservative because then one is condemning oneself.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter