“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Everyday Is Thanksgiving Day

To me, everyday is Thanksgiving Day.  I don't think a day passes by that I'm not thankful for something.  A lot of people take their days for granted.  They look at yesterday as a mistake or wishing that day would never have happened.  At some point in that twenty-four hour period you had to be grateful for something.  Whether it be another breathing day of life, waking up next to the person you love, or for simply having that cup of coffee in the morning.

We often times encounter difficult days... the loss of a loved one, a terrible disease, a hurtful breakup, a car accident, unpaid bills, trouble at work, or you're just having a bad day.  One thing to remember, there are people out there who have it far worse than you, and they're thankful for every day they get the chance to live.  They pray that they're not hung from a noose for being gay, stoned to death for having an affair, or humiliated in front of millions of people for speaking against their government.  

So the next time you feel at your worst, take that tiny glimmer of hope (that one second, minute, or hour), and be thankful that you're you.

Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
- Peter aka BLADE 7184

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Great Thanksgiving comment my love. I love you bunches and I'm so thankful to be able to call you my partner, best friend and husband for almost seven years. I'm glad I get to spend the holidays with you, by your side, even if we're just doing nothing. That's how it should be and I'm so happy for it. Love you bunches and Happy Thanksgiving.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter