“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Special Tribute to Adele


The first time I heard of Adele, wasn't because I heard her singing, Chasing Pavements.  It was because I came across a video of a hot, shirtless, YouTuber named Brandon (pictured below), who was singing a cover of the same song.

But since the subject is about Adele, and not Brandon, I thought I would post two impressive music videos by Adele, and in doing so, apologize "in a sense" to a couple of friends.

This young lady has class, has a voice, and has a new fan.  It's not very often that I get turned on to a new artist, but Adele is the exception.  After giving my friends hell the other day over her music, I take back everything I ever said about the artist, I didn't know her.  

I saw her video, "Rolling in the Deep," and was truly drawn to her words, her music, the person that is Adele.  She reminds me so much of Patsy Cline, another artist who's music transformed country music into one of the greatest establishments ever created.


And then I listened to "Someone Like you," which was performed Live in her home.  I've come to the conclusion that Adele is nothing, but pure magic in every sense of the word - She is a true artist.  I cried to this damn song.

6 comments:

Michael Cortes said...

Isn't she beautiful? I'm glad you like her :) it's like she's singing about my life

Fj Herrera said...

♥ she is AMAZING! I'm obsessed.

Unknown said...

HALELOO!!!

Ryan said...

I loved crying with you while watching this video, my love. She really is an amazing artist. I just love you so much.

Anonymous said...

I just saw her for the first time on the Grammy's and I loved her too. She too reminds me of Patsy Cline..I just searched for the phrase "Adele reminds me of Patsy Cline" and your site came up!

Unknown said...

awww, thanks for commenting. She is one of my all time favorite artists now. And I appreciate her more for loving who she is, and doesn't give a rats ass what anybody tells her about her weight.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter