“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Bully Project Trailer

click to enlarge
If you're reading this I want you to click on that picture above and read what I circled in Red.  If your child has to resort to posting videos on YouTube and make a similar statement, you're doing something wrong.

I have two short sentences for you - If you're a parent, you should know better.  If you're a bully, blame your parents.

I grew up being bullied by classmates.  I know how it feels to be made fun of, picked on, hit, kicked, spit on, laughed at, the list goes on.  I can't even count the number of times I contemplated suicide, and if you know me personally today, you would never have thought that.  


You can also be bullied later in life as well. If you're in a relationship where your partner makes fun of you in front of other people, or mocks you for gaining weight, that's a bully.  If you make jokes about the person you love and then say, "I was just playing" - You're a bully.

"More than 18 million young people across the US will be bullied this year. This alarming documentary takes us into the disquieting day-to-day lives of five kids and their families over the course of a school year. Two families are left devastated by their sons' suicide, while one mother faces her 14-year-old daughter's incarceration after she threatens her bullies with a gun. Rare access to the Sioux City Community School District captures up close and disturbing 'on the ground' footage of bullying in classrooms, playgrounds, cafeterias, and school buses. Kids who are made into outcasts at school become the film's heroes as they defend their right to be different and courageously give testimony to the trauma and dangers of severe bullying. " - The Bully Project

2 comments:

Ryan said...

As you know my love, this subject is very important to me as I'm sure it is to you as well. Sometimes I just want to go back to a school, ANY school, and be some kind of instructor, teacher, consular, or monitor that just watches out for these kids. I can see how spotting every bullying situation could be difficult for teachers and administrators alike, but at the same time I was harassed for four years consistently and not once, NOT ONCE, did any teacher or administrator do a damn fucking thing until my mom forced them to. Four years, 5-8 grade, at lunch, in class, in the locker room, at physical education, in the halls.... there wasn't a single place except maybe the bathroom were I wasn't tormented. This behavior in school will never stop until something is done. Now that I think about it you can only stop someone from bullying another person when you witness it in action so trying to handle through force or punishment isn't possible. Only through educating the students as early as kindergarten on why bullying is wrong and hurtful will be the only way to stop all this pain. Education on Gay history will also help most of the kids that are bullied for being gay. If the word "gay" is talked about not as a bad or unspoken ugly thing, but as a normal, here are others like you that have changed history for the better, thing, then maybe the stigma of it all will one day diffuse and the days of harassment for being a fag will be over. One day. It is a dream and I have it. Now what can I do to make this a reality?

Unknown said...

What an amazing response to this blog, my love. I know how much this issue means to you. I just wish you would use your writing talents and contribute to my blog. I love the way you express yourself. You're truly beautiful inside and out. I love you.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter