“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Boston Legal - Most Missed Show Hands Down, But wait...

If you were to ask me which show in the last 5 years I missed the most, I would tell you 'Boston Legal.'  The show was created by one of the best American screenwriters and television producers this country has ever known, David E. Kelley.

Ryan and I watched every episode, and over the past several months purchased all 5 seasons on DVD.  Ironically enough, I have watched every show he's created.

Each show he's written and produced has won hundreds of awards, from Emmy's to Oscar's, Golden Globes to Peabody awards, this man has won them all.

Unbeknown to me, Kelley created a show right under my nose, without me even hearing about it, reading about it, or watching a trailer about it.

The creator of Ally McBeal, L.A. Law, The Practice, Picket Fences, Chicago Hope, Boston Public and Boston Legal introduced us to his new show, Harry's Law which premiered on January 17th of this year.

From NBC's website:
"Kelley weaves his rich storytelling into a new legal dramedy starring Academy Award winner Kathy Bates in the title role - about how people can embrace the unexpected and other curveballs that life can throw at them.
Harriet "Harry" Korn (Kathy Bates) doesn't believe things happen for a reason, but she discovers that they sometimes do. A curmudgeonly ex-patent lawyer, Harry is abruptly fired from her blue chip law firm, forcing her to search for a fresh start. She finds it when her world unexpectedly collides, literally, with Malcolm Davies, a kind-hearted college student who desperately needs Harry's help with his pending court case, and he subsequently goes to work for her.
Harry soon finds her balance as well as new offices in an abandoned shoe store just as legal hotshot Adam Branch accidentally hits her while driving. Inspired by Harry's no-nonsense understanding of the law, Adam decides to take leave of his shiny corporate firm to go and work with her. Harry, Adam and Malcolm - unlikely but kindred spirits - along with the help of Harry's shoe-savant assistant, Jenna, are now ready for whatever walks in through the doors of their unique establishment - Harriet's Law and Fine Shoes.
I have included a few short clips of the first 4 episodes and I'm so drawn to this already.  If I can't convince Ryan to watch this with me, then I'm alone on the net. The show definitely reminds me of David E. Kelley's, Boston Legal, with the possibility of it being greater.


Click here for a little tidbit..

David E. Kelley has been picked to create one of the most anticipated shows of all time, a new Wonder Woman television series.

This could either be his downfall or his James Cameron - George Lucas moment.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I'll set it to record my angel. I love you bunches. Just remember that I have shows that I want to watch with you too. One series is only six episodes and the other is animated so I hope, one day, you will watch it with me too cause they are both worth seeing. Promise.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter