“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Friday, May 13, 2011

Cover Wars - Issue No. 2

UPDATE: Sam Tsui wins cover war! - See Comments


Last week, I started my new series, "Cover Wars," and I had so much fun putting it together, I even designed the headline pic up above.

The premise behind "Cover Wars" is to get your opinion on who you think is the "best of the best" when a YouTube artist performs a cover to a popular hit, like Adele's current song, "Rolling in the Deep" or Madonna's, "Like A Prayer".

This week's battle song is Lady Gaga's, "Born This Way". Currently one of her number 1 tracks, Gaga's Born This Way album hits stores on May 23rd.


For the second round of my new series I have chosen 6 people or duos to battle it out, Sam Tsui, Tyler Ward feat. Alex G.
, Wesley Avery, Peter Hollens, Marius Gröh from Germany, and Ben feat. Josh.

Who do you think will win this war?



             Sam Tsui                       Tyler Ward featuring Alex G.


Wesley Avery                               Peter Hollens


   Marius Gröh                               Ben featuring Josh

17 comments:

Jason Nesbitt said...

I'm gonna say Peter Hollens! He's hot!

Anonymous said...

Sam Tsui, I love his music. I love him.

Robert said...

Tyler Ward

Anonymous said...

poor ben and josh, they don't sing it well, but I'll vote for them anyway. now i sound like the rest of america. just vote for them and not for talent.

Soy Loco Moco said...

I like Wesley.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys, I'm stuck between Wesley and Sam Tsui.

Brian said...

Peter Hollens - Damn!

Anagram said...

I'll pick the cuties from germany. yum.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with Tyler and his lady friend.

Ezekial said...

Ugh,this is tuff. tyler or peter? I'm gonna say tyler

Ezekial said...

No, no, no, Peter Hollens! I changed my mind.

Rita said...

I pick sam

Anonymous said...

Wesley

Soy Loco Moco said...

When do we find out who won?

Unknown said...

sorry guys I've been waiting on my partner to read my blogs and he hasn't yet. I'll give the results after he votes.

Ryan said...

After much review, sorry it took this long to review, I have made some very tough decisions. Well, not really, considering I knocked off valuable points for lyric changes and totally disqualified you if you edited out the "no matter gay, straight or bi..." part. Along with music and video value as well as just plain talent, don't forget cuteness, I chose you!


SAM TSUI!

I loved Ben and Josh's take as well as all the positive words that ran throughout their video, but none of these guys impressed me as much as Sam. Wait to go, boy, and keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

I'm going with Sam Tsui. And this was tough, because I really liked Wesley's rendition as well. You will not believe how long it took me to find all these versions.

I was getting frustrated, because all the people who were singing this cover had blatantly removed the gay, straight, bi paragraph. And if you read the comments, people were not too happy.


They would reply with some type of excuse that the song was too long and had to be cut down, so they removed that part. It was b.s. nothing but christian, bigoted, or homophobic people changing the song to fit their needs.

Sam is the winner, he's been a long time favorite of mine. He has an amazing youtube collection of fine work. check it out, click on his name.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter