“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Quote That - You Are My Sunshine...

When we met, I told you that a relationship would never work, unless the person you came to love became your one and only best friend.  Holding true to my words, we've become the bestest of friends and the greatest of lovers.

Words will never compare to how much you mean to me, Ryan Lopez, but just to let you know...  It's been nearly 6-1/2 years, and my love for you has never waivered. You continue to make me smile and laugh, but most importantly you make me feel loved...  You are my sunshine.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

You're so sweet my love. Thank you so much for these great 6 1/2 years that we've been together. They have honestly been the best years of my entire life. I've have grown as a person in this relationship not only due to the many things of what you have taught me, but also because of the many things that I've learned myself while in this relationship together with you. I've become stronger, wiser, and more knowledgeable when it comes to most things in life thanks to you and the time we've shared. Without knowing it, I find myself giving out advice on relationships to our friends that are just beginning theirs'. Most of it is channeling you and what you've taught me, but a good portion of it is from my own experiences with you. I keep reminding myself that we've been together for nearly 7 years! In gay years that's a lifetime, and while I've never really had the confidence to speak on most subjects when it came to certain aspects of politics, religion, etc, because I never knew them thoroughly, I can honestly say that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to relationships. I've earned that honor, we both have, for somehow making this last for so long. It's amazing, yes, but not a surprise or shock really. Why? It's simply because of not only our undying love for one another, but also because neither one of us are ever willing to give up on one another. And that's what truthfully makes this last so wonderfully for so long. My Mom always told me that it takes two people to fight, meaning, if you don't want a fight to start then don't continue it. Find another way to resolve the issue. It's the same thing when it comes to a relationship. It takes two people to make it work, and if one is not willing to fight for every ounce of their being to make sure that this commitment between two people work, then it's already over. All that's left is to concede defeat and move on. We'll I'm never conceding and never moving on no matter what may come in store for our future together. Somehow we'll work to get through it, and we'll continue to live on into our senior years, as two husbands growing old together. I'm not worried. After six and a half years I still love you bunches. I still look into your eyes and see the most perfect soul that I've ever encountered. I still watch as you undress and get excited with anticipation just like the first time we had together. I still feel at peace whenever I hear your voice and that you're okay over the telephone after a long day's work. And though you still have that ability to intimidate me at times, I'm not worried. I'll always have the upper hand because I can stay awake longer than you. >:) LOL, just kidding my love. I could never get past Duchess the doggy body guard. She's just plain vicious. Well, it's time to go now. You're washing the eggs and I gotta get ready so we can leave and go out for a bit. It's always the simple times like this that will always be the best of memories. But I think my greatest one will be the feeling I get every time I lay down to sleep and have you in my arms, resting your head on my shoulder as we snuggle throughout the night. I know I'm in heaven when I'm in your arms. Even if Duchy squeezes in between us. Love you bunches my angel. I can't wait to see what we'll do on our 10 year anniversary. Now I really got you thinking, but as long as I have you, I've already got the greatest gift I could have ever received. Thank you for everything my love, and as always and forever, I love you bunches. :) <3 U!

David Mackey via Facebook said...

"Like"

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter