“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's Purely Animal - Issue No. 55 - BeetleCam is Back

Update:  When I initially wrote this blog, I made some errors that were unintentional.  If you read that post, I am deeply sorry.  I have now made the corrections and have given credit, where credit is due.
For those who have no idea what a BeetleCam is, it is a remote control buggy with a DSLR camera mounted on top. Will Burrard-Lucas from the UK created this little machine in 2009 in order take close-up, wide angle photographs of African animals. 

Will, alongside his brother, Matt have won several prestigious awards and have appeared in countless magazines and websites over the years. Feel free to check out their site and blog at www.burrard-lucas.com.  They have a pretty impressive portfolio.

In 2009, Will and Matt embarked on a project that quickly became a news and internet sensation,  "The BeetleCam Project," where they took photographs of African wildlife using their little robotic creation. 

Not completely satisfied with their work, they went back in 2011, and came back with a new "BeetleCam is Back" teaser, which you can check out below - its pretty darn cool. You can also find out more about their initial project, "The Adventures of BeetleCam", in a blog posted by will on April 19, 2010.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please get your information correct when you write an article. You have written such a lot of incorrect facts. Who is Nicholls? Beetlecam was invented and is only used by Will and Matt Burrard-Lucas.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much anonymous commenter. Why you chose to be anonymous is questionable to say the least. I wouldn't hide the fact that you have found me at fault for something. If I didn't make mistakes in life, I wouldn't be where I'm at today - in cancer research, trying to find a cure for cancer. But this isn't about me, it's about you being so obnoxiously rude; next time please be more kind. I actually mistook Will Burrard-Lucas with one of his commenters on his vimeo page, Will Nicholls. Being that they both had the first name, I must have got both individuals confused. For that, I'm sorry. I will make the necessary corrections, and if you could please point me to any other mistakes, as you so eloquently put it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan said...

Baby lion stole the BeetleCam!

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter