“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Sunday, November 6, 2011

What a Hot Mess: Monopoly Game Turns Deadly

OMG, if I was to name the number of times I played this game and wanted to rob my opponent, you'd think I was the 1%.  LOL. 

I remember this game being so competitive when I played it with my sister, friends or family.  We'd scream and yell at each other, because we wanted certain properties and couldn't get them.  All I wanted was the Railroads dammit!  And I didn't want to pass 'Go" and head straight to jail!

But not for Laura Chavez, she was sent to the slammer last Wednesday night for stabbing her boyfriend, Clyde "Butch" Smith with a kitchen knife.   She told the cops, "Yes, I fucked him up."  LOL. What a hot mess!

The woman's grandson who was playing with Chavez before the incident happened, told the officers that his grandmother had started arguing with Smith, because she felt "he was cheating at Monopoly."  The boy didn't witness the stabbing, because he was in bed.

But if you're a fan of the game, you would know that said cheating would likely involve either a) collecting $200 before passing “Go”; b) nipping some gold $100 bills from the bank; or c) landing on Baltic Avenue, but palming the Boardwalk property card.
And you'd think this was the only incident.  Hell No.  This has happened to other people.  According to following article:
This Monopoly-inspired attack is not the first incident of board game rage. In September, a Florida man allegedly choked his wife over a game of Yahtzee, and in 2009 a Michigan man went to jail for assaulting his Monopoly foe when she would not give up Park Place and the Boardwalk.

2 comments:

Kalem Michael' via Facebook said...

"Like"

Ryan said...

A good reason to avoid playing board games with family at all costs. lol And they say video games cause violence. If anything the games are an outlet to express and release violent tendencies by electronically stabbing someone in the face. You can't do that with a little metal dog, some fake dollars bills and three properties on Oriental Avenue.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter