“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pray For Our President's Death

People often ask me why I'm not harsher towards Republicans in my blog.  And I tell them, because I want to believe that most Republicans are not this way.  At least the Republican people I know or friends I have, are not this way.  As a whole, I think the Republican party is heading in the wrong direction.  And a lot of it has to do with the hate and animosity towards our fellow Americans.  Most of the Repub friends I have, believe in the conservative principles of the party, yet have liberal views as well.

But I'll be honest, It's getting harder and harder to listen to the amount of anger and hate most Republicans have towards our President.  And quite frankly I wouldn't want to belong to a party that would deny another American the right to marry, or deny an American the right to pursue happiness.  I wouldn't want to belong to a party that constantly spews hateful rhetoric or tries to throw religion down our throats.  I wouldn't want to belong to a party that wants to strip my grandparents out of their health insurance that's been working so well for them.  And I wouldn't want to belong to party that boos a gay soldier who would've sacrificed his life for them.  The list goes on.

I wrote this blog today, because of something I read this morning.  It was an article on Kansas House Speaker Mike O'Neal.  Last Friday, he asked his fellow Republican House members via email to pray for our President's death.  That's right, not only is he using God to wish death upon a president, he's advising them to take a knee and recite Psalms 109.
"Let his days be few; and let another take his office. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow."

Seriously? Why does it have to be this way?  And this is the same man who sent out a previous email saying "Michelle 'Yo Mama'".

I look at Senator John McCain's wife and daughter, Cindy and Meghan McCain, and wonder if Republicans will ever be like them.  Can they ever be like them?  And the answer, quite frankly, is NO.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

That's horrible. Religion and politics have always been tied together, but now it almost seems like these psychos, through their hatred, are pushing these two concepts toward a point of no return. Republicans are no longer a party of fiscal responsibility when they want the poor and middle class to sacrifice what little they have for the better of the country while the rich aren't required to pitch in equally. They are no longer the party of foreign policy when they start two wars and can't catch the bad guy while the other party's leader has and will end them all. They are no longer the party of "family values" when one straight family is better than another gay one, the life of a mother is irrelevant when it comes to her unborn fetus, and the next possible candidate of the Republican party either participates in a religion that believes in multiple wives or has had multiple wives/mistresses/girl friends/Tiffany jewelry lovers throughout his life. Religion is no better. What has been the act of following the words of Jesus have now become the submissive pandering to the infallible church, a for profit corporation that has melded with politics to the point of an unrecognizable symbiosis. What money used to go to the poor and hungry now goes to campaigns and voter propositions in an attempt to keep their ancient cultural beliefs alive and intact to the very end, no matter who gets harmed in the process. We are no longer all of God's children in the eyes of the church, and as more young people begin to see past it's veil of hypocrisy, and don't donate, this institution will either be forced to change with the times or perish. The most conservative hate mongers are driving both of these groups to their ultimate destruction because they are the die hard fans that will never abandon or change their ideologies regarding religion or politics. They will continue to gladly donate every last penny in their possession to these groups and their causes, as long as they get their way. It is a path of eventual suicide which makes absolutely no sense long term, but I can't hate them for it. I can only ask God to forgive them, because they obviously know not what they do.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter