“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Morning Coffee Break: The Wedding Dance

If you haven't had your coffee this morning, go grab a cup, and come back to watch this short film.  It was absolutely amazing.  I have been wanting to share this video since it was released last month, but I needed to find the right time.  And today's the perfect day.  So, even if you don't drink coffee I hope you enjoy today's Saturday Morning Coffee Break.  Oh, and grab your tissue box too.

On Valentine's Day last month, Elliot London, a 31-yr old director trying to make it in Hollywood, released this three-minute film titled, "The Wedding Dance".  It has a surprise ending and truly hits close to home for so many Gay Americans.  You can read more about Elliot on his Vimeo page and learn more about his dreams and aspirations to help the LGBT community.  Learn about his growing up poor, being an only child, and terrified of the day when his fellow classmates would find out his deepest, darkest secret - that he was gay.

I'm here wishing you great success Elliot, and hope your dreams come true. ~ Peter aka Blade7184

If you wish to look back at some previous issues, click my logo below and enjoy.  Make sure to check out Saturday Morning Coffee Break every Saturday for another classic or current gay short film.
Credits for Elliot London's short film, The Wedding Dance are after the jump.  Feel free to visit the links he has provided or you can visit his YouTube page for this information as well.

Gay Equality Is Very Important...
Click here to help be a part of the Feature Film FRIEND... Donating just a $1 can make a difference http://www.indiegogo.com/myfriend

Click Here to be a friend of FRIEND on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/friendfilm

Click Here for music from The Wedding Dance, only .99 cents on itunes. All proceeds go towards funding FRIEND film
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-wedding-dance-single/id502020650

PLEASE POST & TWEET THIS FILM
Thank you so much for helping us make this amazing short film... Elliot London & Team...

Please email me if you have any questions or want to be a part of the feature film FRIEND tweddingd@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Amazing video that made me cry. Thank you for sharing with me. If we're lucky, maybe one day we'll dance with our kids on their wedding day too.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter