“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Eating Eggs vs. Smoking? Tomato-Tomato

So my partner, Ryan works out 5 days a week.  He's at the gym early in the morning and exercises frequently.  Only problem is, he eats 3 boiled eggs a day and 2 cans of tuna a day.  He does this for protein intake, and it's been doing great.  But according to a news article I read last week, eating an egg yolk a day "regularly increases plaque buildup about two-thirds as much as smoking does".

So for those who eat eggs every single day, you may want to re-think your diet. Then again, if you believe in the "Western Diet vs. Low-Carb Diet", "Sitting on The Job 10 Years or More Means You Have a 94% Chance of Developing a Tumor", or believe "Watching TV Will Kill You" - you're gonna die anyway.

Aside from that, I still think Eggs have too much saturated fat, at least in the egg yolk.  So this week, I boiled 15 eggs and removed the yolks, since most of the protein is in the whites anyway.  

Now I feel a little more comfortable knowing I have given my nutritional advice for the day. :-)  You can check out the article here, it's pretty damning... this new study has really compared eggs to smoking.

Next... Tuna. LOL.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

You're so sweet my love. Love you bunches. We can always go back to protein shakes. They probably work better anyway and will kill me even less faster. I swear, if it's not one thing it's another. Eating whatever you want...kills you. Eating healthy...kills you. Watching too much TV or sitting on your ass too often...also kills you. It's just like you said, my love: Everyone's body is different so while smoking or eating bacon everyday for breakfast may kill one person early on, another guy could live to 103 without ever changing their habits. No one is immortal and we all will die one day. I could follow all of these studies to the T to achieve an extremely long life; only to go outside tomorrow and get hit by a bus, so why worry? I'll do what I can my love, but only a protein drink can fill the tuna void if it comes down to it. I may live longer then, but our bank accounts sure won't, so let's not forgo the fishy just yet. Love you bunches. Can't wait for your next article.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter