“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Where Do You Stand on Regret?

My opinion is that we shouldn't regret things that we did, or do in our lives.  I've always felt that everything happens for a reason and we go through life learning from these things. If I were to regret picking up my first cigarette at 18, or taking my first drink at 22, I wonder where my life would be at this point. It sure wouldn't be where I am now.  If I were to regret ever meeting my previous partner, I would never would have met my beautiful step-daughters.  

This topic always takes me back to The Butterfly Effect. The lead character in the movie changed one thing in his life because he wasn't happy with it, in turn disastrous consequences took place - all due to this one thing being changed.   If we were to change one thing in our lives, how different would our lives be today?  Very!  I would never have met my current partner, Ryan.  

If you think that at this point in your life you're doing something you shouldn't do, then don't do it; But if you did, learn from it and move on.  If you remove one piece of the puzzle it will never be complete - don't remove pieces from your life.

 

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I used to think that regrets were a part of life until I met you, my love. You helped show me that everything does happen for a reason and that us trying to change an unchangeable thing, wishing we could, stressing about it and having it always consume a part of us is no way to live our lives. But even if we could how would it alter our current lives and would it even be for the best? For the longest time I always regretted what happened to me in school, all the bullying, tormenting, mental and physical harassment that I went through. Even though I didn't directly bring this upon myself, I did nothing to stop it for years. It wasn't until I finally told my mom that she helped put a stop to it, but so often I looked back and wished that, at least one time, I would have punched them in the face and beat the unholy hell out of them for what they did to me. I now look back on it differently and think about it in two ways. 1: What if I would have seriously harmed them, as I wanted to do, or even killed them? Where would that have gotten me now? 2. I am stronger now because of it. I overcame the emotional and mental backlash that they put me through. I overcame trying to kill myself because of it. So do I regret that it happened and the way that I handled it. I cannot because who knows who or where or what I would be today if I had acted differently. Now do I owe those f*&kers a thank you for the sh!t they put me through. Hell no! I brought myself out of that depression they put me in and I am alive and well today because of myself and absolutely no one else. But that does not mean that I don't thank and appreciate the help that my mom provided and the support and love that you bestow on me everyday that we are together, my love. Thanks to you I am a stronger adult then when we first met, and even though I could never emotionally truly ever live again without you by my side, I think because of the strengthen and knowledge that you helped give me I could possibly at least physically go on, by myself, as one powerful and independent individual. But let's not test that anytime soon. Okay my love? Be healthy, drive safe and live long so I never have to say goodbye to the one man I truly love. Love you bunches my angel. See you soon. :) And thank you.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter