“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Friday, June 17, 2011

"Every Conservative is Racist to A Liberal".... Jeezus, Can Someone Please Help Lucas!

I worry about people sometimes; Really, I do.  Sometimes I worry about them so much, I think they lack the intellect to hold a smart conversation.  Keep in mind, this is only certain people.  As most of my readers know, I have loved politics for as long as I can remember.  Hell, I even held a mock election when I was in college, and everyone in the dormitory had fun participating in it.  Well, almost everyone. haha, It was fun nonetheless.

On the way home from work on Tuesday, I had the pleasure of listening to Randi Rhodes.  If you've never heard of her, you should.  She is one of the smartest women I know.  She tells it like it is, and doesn't hold back. I've learned a lot from her, and you could too.  In either case, she had a caller on Tuesday who, I swear, was the dumbest person I had ever heard.  Not only was he a bigot, but he had this fascination that Bush was the greatest President this country had ever had.  Really.  No, Really.

After 7 minutes and 42 seconds of going back and forth on why we can't trust Muslims (when almost everyone I know has a Muslim friend.  It's a religion people!  Every religion has people you can't trust!  Geez!), he begins to tell Randi this...

It's better to hear the call from the beginning, where the caller believes Muslims can't be trusted, but you can skip to 7:42 minutes if you like.

I posted the conversation from the 7:42 mark after the jump if you wish to follow along.

Here is the script from the 7:42 mark...

Lucas:  What's pathetic, is that people, such as liberals like yourself... this is all they do... every single time there's somebody in office that's a different color, all of the sudden if they're as conservative as you are, and you don't support that person, you're a racist I didn't support Barack Obama in 2008

Randi:  Well, Herman Cain, Herman Cain, I, I, think you're driving at Herman Cain, Yes?

Lucas:  every single conservative is racist, every conservative is racist to a liberal.

Randi:  Well, not every conservative, but a, but a good, a good bunch of, a good bunch of people (talking over Lucas) anybody, (talking over Lucas) anybody...

Lucas:  Muttering something about Bill Clinton.

Randi:  yes, he was.

Lucas:  liberals don't go out of the box

Randi:  Why was George Bush a good president?

Lucas:  George Bush wasn't in such a terrible economy and put us in such a bad spot..

Randi:  George Bush, George Bush, Hello? (directed at Lucas)  George Bush inherited a surplus from Bill Clinton.

Lucas:  mhmm.. and..Barack Obama

Randi:  Here you had a president who came into office... wait a minute, wait a minute (directed at Lucas) you just said George Bush was a good president, what did he.. what did he accomplish for you?

Lucas:  What did George Bush accomplish for me?

Randi:  That's the question.

Lucas:  What did he accomplish for me?

Randi:  Yes.

Lucas:  He was a great leader in the whole entire.. in general.

Randi:  Why did he fail to keep you safe on 9/11?  Why did he fail?  So miserably?

Lucas:  on 9/11?

Randi:  Yeah.

Lucas:  How did he fail? (directed the question back at Randi)

Randi:  We were attacked.

Lucas:  You were, we were attacked, dammit we should have saw it coming, huh?

Randi:  Yes.

Lucas:  We need to be mind readers like you are..

Randi:  (talking over Lucas) We have 16 intelligence agencies who were running around with their hair on fire trying.. Richard Clark who was head of the Al Qaeda unit told the president that we were gonna be attacked. Told them... he's the head, the head of the Obama...(still trying to explain and talking over Lucas) Hey, the President Bush that you love so much closed the Osama bin Laden unit and said he doesn't spend much time on them. [plays clip from George Bush] "so, I, I don't know where he is, nor I, I just don't spend that much time on him."  How is that great?  How is that a great president?

Lucas:  He! He was a great president.

Randi:  What did he do for you?

Lucas:  He, What did he do? He kept us, did you not hear me just a minute ago?  He kept us out of a terrible economy.  Our economy was fine.

Randi:  He put us in a terrible economy!  In 2007, the recession started.  In 2007, we started to lose 750,000 jobs a month, every month until we lost 6 million jobs.  The last year of Bush alone... (Lucas mumbling obama).. Lucas? The last year of Bush alone we lost 4 million jobs, what are you talking about?

Lucas:  What have you seen out of Barack Obama?

Randi:  He [Bush] presided over a de-regulated wall street that ripped off everybody and then gave 700 billion dollars to those people who ripped you off, no strings attached.  How is that good?

Lucas:  hmph.. I. you focus on those little things, but where...

Randi:  I'm asking you to focus to me on something positive that he did.  What did he for you that was good?

Lucas:  His unemployment was never down; unemployment was the base, not the whole base..

Randi:  I just got done telling you he lost 6 million jobs.

Lucas:  6 million jobs, how many jobs has Obama lost since his 4 year term so far?

Randi:  zero, He's created jobs, he's created 2-1/2 million

Lucas:  that is pathetic, that is pathetic, because you like Barack Obama

Randi:  What did President Bush do for you?  I can't... you know, you want to bash Obama, you want to bash Obama, that's a separate conversation, but you just told me that President Bush was a wonderful president.  I just gave you his record, what did he do for you?  I just gave you his record.  What did he do for you?   He lost 6 million jobs, he presided over a de-regulated wall street that ripped off the American people, handed them 700 billion dollars of our money, yours or mine, told them no strings attached, here you go, meaning they didn't have to re-negotiate any of these loans that they made to people; people are in foreclosure now because of those policies. We're trying to add jobs, look, you know we've added a million jobs, just in the last, what, 12 months. What is it that you liked about Bush? He didn't keep you safe on 9/11, he dragged us into Iraq when we didn't need to go there, he never caught Osama bin Laden, what did he do that was good?

Lucas:  that is hilarious, that is hilarious, he dragged us into iraq?  where did Barack Obama drag us to just recently? Where did he drag us to?

Randi:  nowhere!

Lucas:  he dragged us to Libya, are you crazy?

Randi:  that's NATO! 

Lucas:  after he dragged us into a whole new war..

Randi:  Lucas, do you know the difference between the U.S. Military and NATO forces? 

Lucas:  He sent...

Randi:  Who is in charge...Who's in charge in Libya?... Who's in charge in Libya?  The United States?

Lucas:  No, but..

Randi:  No, Right! Oh..

Lucas:  Because Barack Obama sent "his" troops to Libya.

Randi:  Noooo, NATO troops. NATO are the North Atlantic Tre..(Lucas mumbling) Lucas!  Lucas, Lucas, NATO is an organization made up of member states, the North American Treaty Organization. when one member ... Lucas!.. when one ... when one member goes to war in NATO, all NATO members go to war, the President of the United States didn't do anything.  NATO committed forces to Libya.  If you're a member of NATO, which we are, then we have to go.  that's not a presidential decision, that's a NATO decision.  The president decides to be part of NATO, and we as a country have been part of NATO, and so if anybody in NATO go to war, all members of NATO go to war.  Could you be any stupider?  I'm sorry, I hate to use words like that, but could you be any... he doesn't know that FDR was president during WWII? He doesn't know who Eisenhower was?  He could have said a Republican. you know.. he could have said Truman dropped the bomb, I mean there were a million things he could have said. Unbelievable. But very strong opinions with no information, these are low information people with big, big views about a billion people in the world being untrustworthy.

3 comments:

Ezekial said...

Absolutely loved this! I never heard of Randi before, I'll definitely have to check her out.

Casey said...

I have to share this, thanks for posting!

Ryan said...

It's extremely hard to debate the ignorant especially when they think that their right no matter what you say. Have an open mind, accept that you may be wrong as well as right and be willing to learn something new that you might not have learned yesterday. Not all conservatives and republicans are stubborn idiots, but Randi just got proving that this one was most certainly one of them. You go girl.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter