“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Post-College Flow Chart of Misery and Pain

What is it like after college?   It's pretty much what this chart is trying to convey.  I had to move back into my parents home, not once, but twice.  Oh boy, those were the days. LOL.  

You know what?  I have no regrets!

Chart created by Jenna Brager for the new e-book, “Share or Die: Youth in Recession”.

2 comments:

Chris Daniel via Facebook said...

I hope that isn't how I'll feel after. :'( Hahaha.

Ryan said...

So please tell me what's the point of college again if you still can't get a job afterwards or might have got the same job afterwards that you would have still got with no college degree but now have astronomical student loans that will haunt you until the day you die because the only thing that can't be discharged in bankruptcy court is.....student loans. Why are the most expensive schools to go to somehow the "best" or "better" then the cheaper ones yet teach a majority of the same subjects unless you want to become a doctor or a lawyer? I'm happy with my life. I'm the happiest I've ever been and I never finished college. I dropped out. I am a college drop out, but as bad as society would have that sound I have no student debt, only credit cards that will be paid off next year, god willing. Thank you Mom and Dad for not pressuring me to become a doctor or lawyer. Maybe one day I'll finish when I have extra time and extra money, that I don't have, to complete some courses just to show people that I can do it. Maybe for a better job one day if everything don't go as planned, but for now my money and time are better used elsewhere. Science, Math and History and the ability to learn about them will be available in the future anyway; they're not going out of stock. My thinking is not for everyone, that there's a conspiracy to make the most expensive colleges the most popular to go to so that the people in charge just make more money. It's not the teacher's getting the large paychecks, so where does all this student debt eventually end up besides the banks and school officials themselves? Thank God the banks can't touch student loans anymore. Pay thousands of dollars to go live away from home, party, fall asleep in class only to cramp the night before an exam, barely pass the exam and then forget all about what you barely learned at all, only to maybe get a job after finishing that maybe pays for some of the student loan debt, not to mention that the degree you got someone doesn't help at all in the real world. No thank you. No regrets. Not for me. Maybe for you but most definitely not for me.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter