“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

LONG, LIVE, PLAY

If you're a gamer, you will absolutely love this.  I'm not a gamer, but I have played my fair share of Playstation and Nintendo video games over the years.  
The following commercial by PS3 titled "Michael" is truly amazing.  I'm only familiar with a couple of the characters they brought to life in this advertising campaign, but I'm sure others will appreciate the creative geniuses behind this ad.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Without a doubt, the best commercial I've seen in a very, very long time. Any gamer, even if they don't know any of these great characters from my PS3 generation, should appreciate how much work was put into this great commercial to enunciate such an amazing meaning. Sure they're not real. Sure it's just several electronic devices working together to get us sitting, staring and twit-ling our thumbs for hours on end. But what may look like a colossal waster of time to some, is really so much more once you've experienced it. What began as several dots and lights on a screen that enabled you to bounce a pixilated cube back and forth between two bars, has turned into a fantasy adventure where your thoughts and your choices, ultimately determine if you survive and succeed or perish trying. So much creativity is put into video games these days that some, almost all featured in the commercial, could rival many of Hollywood's feature films when it comes to acting, writing, imagination, story and now, even at times, the visual experience. In the next ten years what we see in games will be no different than film or tv. The technology is so close it's utterly breath taking, but whether they look great or not is only a small part of it. The ability to get attached to these characters and feel something for them, care about them, or even wish them dead is proof enough about how far these "adult toys" have come. As ridiculous as this may sound to anyone that has never picked up a controller and played a game, just think about that last time you cried when your favorite movie star in your favorite movie went through an emotional loss. You felt for them, despite the simple fact that absolutely none of it was real. Gamers have fought with these characters and watched them loss everything, be betrayed, heartbroken, defeated as well as victorious against all odds. They have become a small part of us as we lived through them for hours on end. The connection gamers feel when they play through the next level with their favorite character, brings a special meaning to anyone that's ever picked up a controller, especially when the characters, in this alternate electronic world, feel the same connection for the player himself. It's a hard feeling to describe, our love and attachment for video games and their characters, but this ad personified it perfectly. It took five months for Sony to put it together and it was well worth it. One person on YouTube even said that the guy named Michael actually died from cancer in real life and that this ad was done for him, though I haven't be able to prove that just yet. It doesn't matter though. Sony still touched many gamers' hearts with this one. It was a smart and right thing to do, and I really appreciate that they did this just for me as well as the rest of us. Thank you so much. Now enough typing. Time for bed. One day I'll experience the joy of gaming again. After debt, I will join the fight and live the adventure once more. Just wait for me guys. I'll see you all again, one day. I promise.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter