“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Monday, January 9, 2012

Gay Ads That Matter - Issue No. 009 - Sugar Baby Love [NSFW]

Ryan and I saw the movie, Breakfast on Pluto yesterday, and a song in the movie reminded him of a video I had posted on my old blog a very long time ago.  It's really cute, maybe not NSFW, but c'mon it's a cartoon.  

Introduced at the Cannes Film Festival in 2006, the film was made in reference to safe sex and AIDS awareness, one of the main reasons you see condoms throughout the video.

The song in the background is by the Rubettes, "Sugar Baby Love" I posted the lyrics after the jump.

Lyrics after the jump.
Sugar Baby Love
Sugar baby love, sugar baby love
I didn't make to make you blue
Sugar baby love, sugar baby love
I didn't mean to hurt you.

All lovers make
Make the same mistakes
Yes they do
Yes, all lovers make
Make the same mistakes
As me and you

Sugar baby love, sugar baby love
I didn't make to make you blue
Sugar baby love, sugar baby love
I didn't mean to hurt you.
 

---speaking---
People take my advice
If you love somebody
Don't think twice.

Love you baby love, sugar baby love

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I cry after seeing this video because it reminds me of myself when I first came out. Sure I wanted to be with guys, but in my heart I wanted that someone special that I could spend my life with. I thought that I was "dating" guys when really they were just hookups that just threw me away whenever they were done with me. I did actually dated one guy for six months and then another for two or three months and all the rest before and between were just tricks whether I realized it or not. And then my future man came along, looking as gorgeous as ever. There was a little gray in his hair, a smile on his face and a look in his eyes which brought peace to my soul while filling my stomach with butterflies. The moment I knew I loved him I stared into those gorgeous eyes (I
"googled" them, you could say) and felt an identical feeling back. He had my heart, I knew it was right, and after nearly seven years he still does, stronger then ever. I cry happy tears when watching this video, when hearing this song, because all I can think of is the happiness that I have with my love. I would never give it up for the world. I will never give you up for anything, my beautiful love. Love you bunches forever and ever. Thank you for giving me the best years of my life that I've ever had. My Man, My Love, My Husband and Best Friend. You really are my Trick of Fate.

Unknown said...

You are so sweet my dear Ryan. You made me cry with your words. Thank you for breathing life into my soul, and loving me the way you do. You are an Angel as always.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter