“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Quote That - I Think You're Just Homophobic

9 comments:

Jessie Mackey via Facebook said...

So sad but it just reinforces the absolute insanity of our present world and it's mind set. CPS continues to return children to homes that are violent and abusive and children remain in foster care when so many wonderful gay and straight people remain childless because of the horrendous cost of adoption and rules that protect no one in the long run. It breaks my heart...in the old days it was so much simpler and I really don't think that the abuse was worse then because of a slack in rules the abuse now is unbelievable and getting worse. There seems to be no common sense about any situation only bureaucratic nonsense and money gone wild.

Unknown said...

wow, well put Jessie! You're awesome!

Arturo Góngora G via Facebook said...

"like"

Jessie Mackey via Facebook said...

:-)

Theresa Vera via Facebook said...

Peter we live in a crazy world, I love you with all my heart! I know you are an amazing person and so is Ryan, you would be amazing parents

Theresa Vera via Facebook said...

Between me and you, we can get shit faced and have sex LMAO, and say opps then you can raise your ownour child. You will be blessed, you are so special to me.

Unknown said...

awww your'e so sweet Theresa! You're special to me too!

Ryan said...

Jessie, you're so right. Being able to breed does not automatically make you the best parent for a child, just as being gay and in a loving, committed relationship between two adults does not make you the absolute worst option to be a parent. We may get mad at times and say that all conservatives are evil, mostly from watching Republican debates, but if more conservatives were like you, Jessie, then this country would truly be a much better place. Thank you.

Theresa, thank you as well. That's so sweet, but that's what turkey basters are for. We love you bunches, but I don't want Rick to kill my love. That will not be a very good thing.

Unknown said...

LOL. you're so funny my love. i love your responses. And yeah Rick would kill us both.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter