“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wonder Woman Releases CD

Still looking beautiful at 59, the lovely Lynda Carter made an appearance at a Barnes & Noble CD-signing event.  Yes, she still sings.  Who knew, right?  Well, I did. I've known since I was a teen, because she was every gay boy's superhero growing up.  Everyone wanted to be Wonder Woman, everyone wanted to dress like Wonder Woman.  Hell, when my sister and I went to play outside, we would get into a disagreement on who would play her part.  And being the drama queen that I was, I would win. Needless to say, I was older. :-)  I just wanted to do that 'spin'. LOL.

In either case, Carter has been singing since she was 13 or 14 years old, and she sang all over the country during her years as Wonder Woman.

On her music and her Wonder Woman role:
'It is an iconic character, and if the way to connect with people is the way they feel they can connect to me. In many ways, because they can connect to me, they will sample my music'
She also stated she was disappointed at the collapse of the new Wonder Woman series featuring Adrienne Palicki.
'I was really happy they were going to re-do it because the story is a great story and it needs to be re-told and go to another generation of people,' she said. 'I was really disappointed it didn't work out.'

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I agree Lynda. A new generation needs to see an excellent redo of Wonder Woman to give her deserved justice and keep the story alive. "Excellent" being the key word here. With anything less than perfection, aka Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, is unacceptable. Her daughter should play it and if she don't have a daughter then she should really get to it already cause we don't have all day.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter