“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

WHAT-A-RECIPE - Lobster Rolls

I actually never heard of Ben Sargent until I read an article on CNN, where this guy from Massachusetts was "shelling out 150 rolls a night from his snug Brooklyn apartment to the lobster-loving masses - well, that is until the Department of Health paid him a little visit and scrubbed his whole shellfish stint."

According to the article, Sargent was offered a job on the Cooking Channel, where he hosts his own show, "Hook, Line & Dinner."

Luckily for me and you, I saved the images from the article, because I didn't want there to be a chance I couldn't find the recipe.  The following images not only offer a step-by-step guide on how to cook a lobster, but a recipe on how to make Sargent's delicious Lobster Rolls.   They really do look quite delicious - I can't wait to try the recipe sometime.

Check out the slideshow I made, it's pretty cool... (enlarge to read the captions)


The recipe and ingredients, courtesy of Ben Sargent are after the jump.

Lobster Rolls
Recipe courtesy Ben Sargent
Makes 4 rolls
Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
  • 1/2 yellow onion
  • 3 tablespoons coarse sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
  • 4 lobsters, 1 to 1 1/2 pounds each
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 stick salted butter
  • Splash crisp white wine
  • 2 cloves garlic, smashed
  • 4 top-loading hot dog buns (recommended: Pepperidge Farm Classic Top-Sliced Hot Dog Buns)
Cooking Directions
  1. Fill a stockpot with 1 to 2 inches of water and set over medium-high heat. Add the peppercorns, onion, sea salt and seafood seasoning. Once the water is boiling, add the lobsters. Cover the pot, and steam the lobsters for 8 to 10 minutes. When finished, remove the lobsters and run under a blast of cold water.
  2. Carefully remove the meat from the shell, saving the juices, and coarsely cut into large chunks (usually, the meat from 1 lobster is good for 1 roll). Mix the lobster juices with the mayonnaise; it should be a wet, thin consistency. Lightly toss the lobster meat with the mayonnaise.
  3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter along with a splash of crisp white wine and the garlic.
  4. Heat a large, flat grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Open the buns, brush the butter mixture on the insides and toast, buttered-side down, until golden brown, about 1 minute.
  5. Place the lobster meat on some foil and gently heat on the grill as the buns are toasting.
  6. Evenly divide the lobster meat among the rolls, brush the meat with some butter mixture and serve in paper boats.
Recipe formatting optimized by the nice folks at RecipeSEO.com

3 comments:

Victoria Flores Fasnacht via Facebook said...

Yummo !! I'm gonna have to try this recipe. Thanks Bro : )

Peter Flores via Facebook said...

Awesome sis, I hope you were able to watch the slideshow I made. The pictures made me hungry to try them. :-)

Ryan said...

I want to try them too! Come on my love. We can buy just one little lobster just to try them out. They just look so good.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter