“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What a Hot Mess: Jumbotron Marriage Proposal

Can anyone say embarrassing or humiliating?  Ugh, this is such a difficult thing to go through.  How do you know when it's the right time?  I mean, you think you love each other enough, and have hope for a future together, then you get rejected in front of few hundred people?  I thought marriage proposals were supposed to be spontaneous, sweet, romantic, and exhilarating.  What a hot mess!

A young man at a UCLA game gets onto the kiss cam with the intention to propose to his girlfriend. Turns out she didn’t feel the same way. 

1 comment:

Ryan said...

How much you bet we wouldn't get the mistletoe cam, my love. It's just not right, but that was worse.

OUCH!!!! How embarrassing....for the chick with the microphone. I gotta admit though, she handled it pretty well with the whole "camera shy" comment and then back to the wonderful mistletoe cam! What a dumb idea. Poor guy, poor girl. Nobody won here and it hurts so much just watching this emotional train wreck. We all should know by now that things that happen in the movies don't always happen in real life. I may desire to be Keanu Reeves and pull off some bullet time martial arts moves like in THE MATRIX...but that just ain't gonna happen. We may want this fairy tell happy ending to come to pass as she says yes and they both kiss and we all applaud and cheer, but that ain't happening either. Instead, we're all left with this very awkward moment that looks like it came out of The Days of Our Lives instead of Pretty Woman. As much as I wish that this guy should have thought more about this before executing it; in reality any of these crazy proposal stunts could always go bad. In the kindness of our hearts we just always hope that they don't. I love you bunches my love, and whenever we can afford to have that big ass wedding that we've always wanted, and I get the guts to pull off some crazy proposal in front of all our friends and family......you'd better say yes and not pull that crap that she did. I'll go psycho on your ass and then have a heart attack and die. Love you bunches. You've been warned. :)

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter