But yeah, as I've been saying all along, the same people who are voting for no government intervention are the same people who use more of it.
Seriously folks, we have swaths of counties surrounding our area that consist of nothing but beer-chugging, backyard partying, food stamp-whoring people who are voting against their own interests. Lol. It's almost too funny not to laugh.
The most recent Department of Agriculture report on the general characteristics of the SNAP program’s beneficiaries says that in the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30, 2010:
- 47 percent of beneficiaries were children under age 18.
- 8 percent were age 60 or older.
- 41 percent lived in a household with earnings from a job — the so-called “working poor.”
- The average household received a monthly benefit of $287.
- 36 percent were white (non-Hispanic), 22 percent were African American (non-Hispanic) and 10 percent were Hispanic (Table A.21).