“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The GOP 75

Yep, the GOP 75 stands for the number of Republicans who are changing their tune when it comes to Gay marriage.  Hmmm,  I wonder how many of their flock will leave them come election day.

Some of the REDs are coming out for the first time in support of us gays and others are reversing their previous stances on the issue.

Didn't I just say last week that if the REDs didn't change their attitude toward Gays and Latinos, they will never see the White House again?  I love it when I'm right.  Okay, I'll stop boasting.

Seriously speaking, its only 75 republicans, but there could be more signing on to this very important legal brief being submitted to the Supreme Court prior to the Proposition 8 case next month.

And for those who have no idea who's been winning this case for the gays from court to court, year after year - it is Theodore B. Olson, the former Solicitor General under former President George W. Bush, and David Boise, the lawyer who represented former Vice-President Al Gore in the 2000 Presidential election.  Remember the Bush v. Gore saga?  Mr. Olson presided over Bush in that case as well.

This just goes to show that over time people can learn.  Learn that one cannot judge or hate a certain group of people.  Ted grew to believe in the fundamental and constitutional right for same-sex marriage. 

Want to know more about the GOP 75Read the full article here

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Let's hope my love is right. Even though they continue to make Obama look bad, all they're doing is making themselves look even worse.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter