“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gay Ads That Matter - Issue No. 005 - Google Makes a Stand For The Better


If you were watching Glee on Tuesday night you may have noticed a Google Chrome commercial midway through the show that probably had Bryan Fischer ROTFL or PO'd.  Regardless of the outcry from these haters, I'm re-evaluating my use of browsers for the first time in 7 years.  


The intense ad featured some well-known and not so well-known people, but most importantly, it starred Dan Savage, the creator of the It Gets Better Project.


Thank you Google for making a stand - you just helped broadcast our message of equality to millions of people in just one evening - imagine the possibilities.


Please feel free to check out more Gay Ads That Matter here

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I cry every time I see this commercial. Who knows how many lives Dan Savage has saved and made better by creating this amazing program. I thoroughly appreciate and thank everyone that has donated their time and experiences to make a video for this cause, but in the end the ones that still move me the most are not celebrities but are instead just average, everyday people. They share their stories about coming out, being bullied in school, and how difficult it was back then when they were younger. Now you can see them as people that may be successful, may be well known, may be attractive or they may not be at all. What matters is that they're alive today to share their story on how much there life has improved because they chose to fight it out and survive. To anyone out there who might be reading this, other than my love, please know that they're all right. It does get better. Don't ever give up. Fight on and survive because no matter what you may think, these strangers out here love you just the way you are.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter