“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Battle Rounds - Week 4

Last night, my partner Ryan, and I watched the final Battle Round of The Voice, and I'd have to say, I was really disappointed with the Judges this time around.  I don't think they were thinking straight, or maybe they were so tired from a full day of coaching their teams, that the last round didn't matter to them as much.  

Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh.  Surprisingly, I felt Blake made the right decision this week, and I blatantly disagreed with Christina's and Cee Lo's choices.

It's all or nothing for these ladies and gents - next week is the Live performances.  We'll get to see how well they were coached by their judges.
 
I have posted each week's Battle Rounds on my blog, so click one of the links below if you wish to see the battles for the first time or watch them again at your own leisure.

Battle Round - Week 1
Battle Round - Week 2
Battle Round - Week 3

Here's a look at last night's battle rounds...

In the following video, Jeff Jenkins and Casey Desmond battle it out, singing, "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" by Elton John


I already knew who I wanted to win this round.  I wanted Jeff to take this one home, but after watching Casey give him a run for his money, it left me speechless.  They worked really well together and their chemistry was fantastic, but in the end I felt Jeff should take it home, because of his vocal ability.  Adam Levine made the right decision, and went along with me on this. :-). Continuing from last week's record, I'm 11-2.

In the following video, Xenia Martinez and Sara Oromchi battle it out, singing, "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders



What a Hot Mess!  Both of these girls were shy from the 'get-go.'   It was evident in their coaching segment with Blake and his mentor, Reba McEntire.  While I felt Sara Oromchi had this to win it, she didn't perform it well enough to take it home.  Xenia wasn't any better either, but there's something about her voice that draws me to her.  She's soft, but I believe with the right coaching, she can do more with her voice than Sara.  I'm not sure if Blake is the right coach for the job, but he did agree with me on choosing Xenia for the win  12-2.

In the following video, Cherie Oakley and Lily Elise battle it out, singing, "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson



I don't know what the hell Christina was thinking.  Lily? Really?  She was mediocre at best.  I'm sorry, but it was so obvious Cherie won this round, all the other judges agreed as well.  I do commend Reba McEntire for bringing up the fact that Cherie wrote a hit song for her. She's a true diva!  As for the disaster that was Lily, I think Christina picked her over Cherie, because of the slutty outfit she was wearing, and not for her vocal incapability.  She could have done so much more with Cherie, she was belting it out like nobody's mama. 12-3

In the following video, Emily Valentine and Curtis Grimes battle it out, singing, "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum



What a great way to end the Battle Rounds!  Well, not so great, because the one I chose didn't cross Cee Lo's mind.  But it was the greatest performance of the evening.  Emily and Curtis ended their performance with a kiss, and what a kiss it was.  We all knew Emily had a crush on Curtis, because she didn't stop saying it throughout the show last night, but the kiss was definitely unexpected.  They were truly amazing together.  I felt Cee Lo would've been better off with Emily, because of her vocal range.  I thought she could take it further than Curtis, because he sings country, and country star usually stick to their own genre of music.  They don't broaden their horizons, and use their vocal ability to move beyond that. Good job to both of them though. 12-4

Remember! Next week the show goes LIVE; Make sure to watch it!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

The two young girls need practice and for some reason Christina has played favorites with that other girl from the start. What's funny is that she didn't even pick Lily when she listened to her to first time, but when she turned around she goes, "Oh you're so cute. Now I wish I would have picked you." That's defying the whole purpose of the show. Of course girl gets a second chance, Christina waits to hear her and then picks her. As much as I hate when people "play favorites" instead of who sung best, it's still just an opinion whether we all like it or not. The same goes for how these contestants got here, as well as on other reality talent shows too. If these competitions were really based on pure talent, and not favoritism, then we'd have more successful stars being produced by American Idol, America's Got Talent, So You Think You Can Dance as well as others. The producers, judges and audience is all to blame. Here's hoping the Voice can give us someone good. Is it too much to ask for the same from the upcoming X-Factor, too?

Patrick said...

You make a valid point Ryan, great comment.

Yvette BaƱuelos said...

Here's what I think. Adam has the weakest team. Christina chose a team that sings closest to her. Thought the kiss was too predictable,but sure loved
the drama! It made for the most interesting battle. Glad Curtis won, I love country and thought he brought it!

Unknown said...

I can't wait for the live performances next week!!! Be ready for my review. :-)

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter