“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Major Republican Presidential Debate is No Slugfest

So, on the news this morning, all you hear is who won and who lost in the first major presidential debate of the election season 2011-2012.  In my opinion, the only one who came with straight-forward answers was Ron Paul, even though he's a little nutty.  As for the rest of the group, you can count them out.  Lord help us, if Rick Perry decides to get into this late in the game.  When are people going to learn?!?!

For those who have no idea who's running for the Republican party, here are your candidates so far.
Left to right: Newt Gingrich, Tim Pawlenty, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul, Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum, Fred Karger

Oops! They forgot to invite Fred Karger.

Oh that's right. He's gay, he don't count.

The Supposed Winners:  

Michele Bachmann?  Really?  Are you fucking kidding me?  I know what it was, it was the fact she said, "I have 23 foster children," not once, but twice.  But supposedly she dominated the stage.  I'm sorry, but after 30 minutes of watching this debacle, I had to change the channel.

Mitt Romney?  Really?  Presidential? Really?  If you're wondering where I'm getting this Winner and Loser data from, it's from this article: New Hampshire Republican debate: Winners and losers.  I don't know about you, but somebody needs to have a talk with Chris Cillizza about this.  Mitt Romney came off as Presidential?  Really?  The only good going for him was that, "no one had the stomach to attack him directly." I do give credit to Cillizza for stating the obvious.

We won't even go to who Cillizza thinks the supposed losers are.  You can go to CNN for that.

Also, Keep in mind: Rick Perry from our own state of Texas, Rudy Giuliani from New York, and Jon Huntsman from Utah, have yet to decide.  Lord, help us.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Poor gay republican, he tries so hard but nobody wants to play with him. :( Uh, yeah, Romney is centered enough not to scare me, but the idea of having any one of these other idiots as our president is just down right terrifying. Let's hope the majority of them just drop out quick.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter