“If you can’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?” - RuPaul - - - - - - - - - - - “if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” - John F. Kennedy - - - - - - - - - - - - “Imagine finding someone you love more than anything in the world, who you would risk your life for but couldn’t marry. And you couldn’t have that special day the way your friends do – you know, wear the ring on your finger and have it mean the same thing as everybody else. Just put yourself in that person’s shoes. It makes me feel sick to my stomach …. When I shared a picture of my tattoo on my Twitter page and said, ‘ALL LOVE is equal,’ a lot of people mocked me – they said, ‘What happened to you? You used to be a Christian girl!’ And I said, ‘Well, if you were a true Christian, you would have your facts straight. Christianity is about love.’ The debate resulted in a lot of threats and hate mail to people who agreed and disagreed with me. At one point I had to say, ‘Dude, everyone lay off.’ Can’t people have friendly debates about sensitive topics without it turning into unnecessary threats?” - Pop star Miley Cyrus on her marriage equality tattoo - - - - - - - - - - -
Loading

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Quoted: Angelina Jolie on Guilt

"I don't believe in guilt.  I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person and don't judge people in your life.  I think you should live completely free."
- Angelina Jolie

4 comments:

Jessie Mackey via Facebook said...

Shame on you Angelina, no one lives free. Even if it is not intentional, hurting someone happens and guilt tells us we did it, otherwise we skate thru totally unaware and uncaring. Just sayin.....,

Unknown said...

I pulled this off Spirituality for Living and thought it was really good. that's why I shared. it. We distinguish between our thought, our behaviors and our impulsive behaviors, our conscious behaviors and our subconscious, but in fact no real division exists. All of our behaviors are ultimately impulsive. Every behavior we have at any moment, and every idea and experience we have ever had, are present at all times. This is why even our strangest behaviors, those that seem the most self destructive, remain remarkably consistent despite any effort at rational thought to control them. Some behaviors are so hard wired and impulsive that we don’t even have to learn the concrete components of them to be driven to act on them.

When we understand our behaviors as impulses rather than the dramatic blurbs of our emotion/memories, we can then look at how each behavior shows up and see how they flow together naturally. Impulses are all life affirmative. It’s the conflicts we set up regarding our impulses that turn them into self destructive behaviors.

Jessie Mackey via Facebook said...

It is good and I can even relate to some of it but I am concerned about the absence of guilt or conscience as it were. Our whole world seems to be operating on a "not me I didn't do anything wrong", or" it's not MY fault",or "I am a victim of past wrongs, therefore not responsible for what "I do" from now on. Where will this take us down the road, will we become a world of there is no right or wrong? I have to wonder and worry. I want us all to be held responsible or how can we ever become better?

Ryan said...

It's Angelina Jolie we're talking about here. Girl could get away with murder if she really wanted to. Thankfully we're just talking about not feeling guilty.

I have organized my blogs with 3 days worth of postings, so if you wish to continue reading the days before that, and so forth and so forth, you can click the "Older Posts" button /\ /\ /\ right /\ up there.

There are 3 other ways you can find interesting topics to read as well.

*Clicking on any of the links under my "Favorite Categories" section on the left hand side of your screen

*Using the Google Search bar under the scrolling text.

*By choosing a date from the drop down list on the right hand side of your screen.


Hope you enjoy my daily posts, and hope to hear from you soon.

- Blade 7184 aka Peter